Last week we covers the basic DON’Ts for a website. Those are often easy to fix and mainly have to do with the user experience while visiting your site. Next week, we will cover the DOs so visit us again for more easy tips on how to make your website perfect.
Our team looks forward to discussing the small adjustments that can be made on your site to make it more user friendly. For a free consultation, call us at (707) 794-9999 PST.
- Make sure each page in your website has something valuable to offer to your visitors. The most important question your entire website has to answer is “What’s in it for them?”
- Simplify your message. People spend little time reading full text. Quick assertive text is for people while long keyword empowered text is for GoogleBot and other search engines.
- Have clear calls-to-action through the site.
- Spend time organizing your pages correctly.
- Minimize clicking! Get your visitor to where they need to be as quickly as possible.
- Include a navigation menu on every page. Do not try to be so creative that the visitors cannot find the page they are looking for.
- Use contrasting colors or simple backgrounds to make your text easy to read. Increase the line spacing (leading) to improve readability.
- Use a spell check. Review your copy writing from time to time… there is always something that has been missed.
- Make links in color or underlined, or both.
- Explain what you are linking to by providing mouse over title tags.
- Put your contact info, or a link to it, on the top and/or bottom of every page.
- Optimize your images so that they download quickly but still retain a good resolution on all devices.